Medical Waste Disposal - Medical Waste & Sharps Disposal Containers
PureWay is on of the leading medical waste disposal companies with specialization in collection and management of medical waste services. We execute all our processes while abiding by legislative’s norms and guidelines. Our team is highly committed to delivering you the best medical waste products as well as services while limiting risk and ensuring safety.
What is medical waste?
Medical waste is simply waste contaminated with blood that is generated during the diagnosis or treatment of humans in a healthcare setting by healthcare professionals. This includes sharps (needles, syringes, scalpels, dental wires and any object that can penetrate the skin) and regulated waste (biohazardous waste that contains large amounts of liquid/semiliquid blood or other potentially infection materials).
Healthcare professionals are required to properly contain, transport and dispose of sharps and medical waste. Requirements for disposal differ by state and are determined at a federal level by OSHA and at a state level in some states by state run OSHA programs such as CAL/OSHA. To look up the regulations for your state click here (link to resources page). A few states even impose storage limitations on sharps and medical waste that requires waste generators (aka the doctors or dentist producing the waste) to dispose of their waste by a certain period of time after they have generated it.
Did you know that some states have different storage limitations for sharps and biohazardous waste separately? Our compliance professionals will help explain your requirements for your state and make sure whatever you decide to go helps your facility attain or maintain compliance.
Most healthcare facilities don’t know exactly what their regulations require them to do and because of this they hire a contracted monthly pickup service for their sharps containers and medical waste which can be costly and involves a complex fee structure that includes monthly fees, fuel surcharges, and scheduled pickups whether needed or not.
Most healthcare facilities generate small quantities of sharps and medical waste and do not require a Semi truck and team of people to come pickup their waste each week or month. Long contracts of 3-5 years and escalating monthly fees make this type of service very expensive and a hassle. In addition to managing the cost of managing services like this, the healthcare facility is also forced to manage and purchase separately their containers for sharps and biohazardous waste. What a hassle!
There is a better way. The PureWay Ship Back System can save medical facilities up to 50% off sharps and medical waste disposal cost vs. using a fleet truck pickup service. Other benefits include:
• No contracts, simply purchase as needed
• No fuel surcharges, pickup fees or annual increases
• No scheduled pickups, only dispose of full containers when you’re ready
• Online compliance certificates of disposal automatically e-mailed to you when your waste is treated
• Online documentation and tracking for your waste full lifecycle
• 24/7 access to our compliance professionals that can help answer any compliance question you have (to learn more click here – link to OSHA page.)
How do our systems work?
Its as simple as 1-2-3-4
1. Talk with one of our sharps and medical waste management professionals and determine which systems are right for your facility or visit our online store or local distributor and order your system.
2. Your system will be shipped directly to your door. Remove the container, KEEP THE BOX this will be used to return your waste to us later, and use the container provided to collect your waste per the instructions provided.
3. Once your container is full, return it to your original box and seal using the materials provided. A prepaid return shipping label is already provided.
4. Give the properly packaged system to your local carrier either UPS/USPS (check your label to determine which carrier to use) or you can call us to schedule a free pickup of your waste. It’s that simple!
All documentation and certificate of disposal will be automatically e-mailed to you if you provided an e-mail at the time of your order or if you register online at portal.pureway.com.
Our compliance professionals will help explain your requirements for sharps and medical waste disposal in your state and make sure which ever solution you choose helps your facility attain or maintain compliance.
The PureWay Ship Back System can save healthcare facilities up to 50% off disposal cost vs. using the fleet truck pickup medical waste services.
We manufacture and provide premium quality medical & sharps disposal containers and other products to give you ultimate and complete solution. If you are looking for such services, you can call us at 877.765.3030.